Simple concept – create an email address that sends mail to a group of people. It’s easy to set up in Exchange 2007 too:
- Open Exchange Management Console
- Click on Recipient Configuration
- In the Action task panel, click on New Distribution Group to start the wizard
- On the Introduction page, select New Group and click Next
- On the Group Information page, select Distribution. Then, type the name of the group under the Name and click Next
- Click New and then Finish to complete the wizard.
- Right click on the new group and select properties and select the Members tab
- Add the desired users to the group and click Apply.
You’d think that would be it, however there’s a catch. This only creates an internal distribution list. In order for it to work externally, there’s more:
- In the Group Properties dialog box that’s open, select the Mail Flow Settings tab
- Highlight Message Delivery Restrictions and press the Properties button.
- Uncheck the “Require that all senders are authenticated” box and click Apply.